Bookkeeper/Payroll Coordinator – Langley
September 6, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:This position provides full-cycle bookkeeping support and payroll processing for TRYGG’s overall operations. Bookkeeping:
- Prepare, process and post receipts, deposits, purchase orders, cash reports, invoices, refunds, receivables, and other standard bookkeeping tasks
- Preparing accounting records for year end
- Prepare and maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Prepare end of month bank acct. reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Prepare, report, and pay remittances (e.g., WorkSafeBC, Gaming, PST/GST)
- Prepare documents, and liaise with external independent auditors, as required
- Prepare and file tax documents
- Maintain and store financial records
- Liaise with department leads (e.g., billing corrections, write-offs, refunds)
- Contact delinquent accounts
- Review continuous improvement of finance processes
- Stay current with relevant regulations, requirements, and laws
- Regularly update and support the Executive Director on financial matters
- Process end to end full-cycle payroll in a payroll management system
- Manage payroll off boarding process, vacation payout, and record of employment
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Maintain staff listing in accounting software
- Maintaining staff time sheets, monitoring vacation, and sick day records, other taxable benefits
- Process yearly employee T4s
- Research, track, restore or resolve payroll problems, discrepancies and disputes; and leave detail documentation
- Junior role – 1 year out of school.
- Type A personality.
- Finance degree out of university or BCIT.
- Role is hybrid but in the office in the beginning.
- Based out of Langley.